How to Build an Affiliate Marketing Website from Ground 0
There are probably thousands of companies out there looking to make money through programs. And, these programs will show you how to make money on your website through affiliate marketing. I’ve worked with a couple of these companies, but I’m always amazed how difficult it can be… and how many real steps are involved. Therefore, this post will detail every move I make to create an affiliate marketing website. It’s going to be long. But, I guarantee you it is going to save you time and money.
Why am I doing this. During some life change experiences, I let some of my sites go. Why? Personal reasons… but, I recently discovered that they were making money. Granted it wasn’t a lot of money, maybe $100 a month. But… it’s an extra $100 that I didn’t cost me any time or money.
This posting is going to grow a lot and all the time. I’ll put everything in order, and come back and update things.
Initially, there will be a lot of high level notes to get started….
- Get the idea
- Research the domain name.
- find products
- determine competition
- Determine platform to use. I always use WordPress. I can have hosting install it. I can choose free themes. and there are an unknown number of add-ins. I never have to code anything.
- Determine affiliate marketing programs
- Getting Started with a website built with WordPress
- Choose a hosting provider that allows you to install WordPress with the click of a button.
- Sync up the domain name and the website. I know this sounds basic, but if you have your own hosting, you will have to set this up.
- WordPress Plugins
- Yoast SEO – This is my favorite SEO plugin. It allows me to edit what users see when they find my page, show stats for each page, on page analyzing and more.
- Google Adsense?